Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hungry in America

Recently, I was reading "Into the Wild" by Jon Krakauer, which is about a 24 year old who gives all of his money to charity, gets rid of his possessions, and decides to camp out in the Alaskan wilderness. At one point, Jon mentions how Chris couldn't understand how humanity could let people go hungry, especially in this country. I thought this was an extremely good point. I see people wasting food all the time, while a good portion of our population (especially during these tough economic times) is going hungry! I've recently started keeping a list of things I need to do. And number one on my list is to hand out hamburgers to homeless folks on the street, just like Chris did. I can't wait :)

1 comment:

  1. It's better to give food to the homeless than money since you never know how the money will be spent (but can probably make some assumptions). I'm proud of you for making a difference and also for sharing your thoughts with the world. You've got some great ones!

    ReplyDelete